The Chartered Professional Program eligibility criteria are specified in Chartered Professional Regulation 10 (Chartered Professional admission). In summary, applicants must:
- Hold current financial membership of The AusIMM at the grade of Member, Fellow or Honorary Fellow.
- Hold an appropriate tertiary degree or equivalent relevant to the discipline in which accreditation is sought. Refer to Guideline 2: Qualification requirements.
- Have at least five years of relevant work experience within the mining industry in at least one Area of Practice (Guideline 3) in the discipline being applied for.
- Demonstrate key competencies, detailed by a written response to Competency Statements providing clear evidence the applicant has worked competently in the area of practice and in the discipline applied for a period of at least five years since qualification.
- Nominate three (3) sponsors who are familiar with and can substantiate the applicant’s qualifications and experience.
Demonstrate a minimum satisfactory level of relevant Professional Development during the three years prior to the application for CP. This must be demonstrated by a completed AusIMM online PD logbook, providing evidence that in the last three years, the applicant has completed 150 hours of Professional Development.