Adelaide Branch – Call for 2020 Committee Nominations
Now is the the time - join the Adelaide Branch Committee! The AusIMM Adelaide Branch invites you to nominate as a committee member for 2020.
The AusIMM Adelaide Branch invites you to nominate as a committee member for 2020.
Being part of the Committee is extremely rewarding, lots of fun and great for your professional development and connectivity in the industry.
Over the past few years, your committee has:
- Maintained high quality and engaging technical and social events, including the Annual Dinner
- Invited quality speakers to present at the regular monthly technical meetings
- Successfully hosted a number of international technical conferences including International
Uranium, Underground Operators' and Global Mining Leaders
- Supported members experiencing hardship via many local MAP (member assistance program)
- Held field trips to, and provided support for, regional AusIMM branches
- Successfully hosted the annual Essington Lewis Memorial Lecture
- Supported our student chapter via many functions, conferences, field trips, mentoring and
sponsorship; and maintained a very strong connection with the students
- Supported student members with three local honours scholarships in addition to the National EEF scholarships
- Participated in the organising committee for the South Australian Exploration and Mining
Conference (SAEMC) as a founding partner
- Continued to maintain a strong link with and support for Adelaide Student Chapter, WIMNetSA,
regional branches and the AusIMM Adelaide Auxiliary
- Increased our reach via communications and social networking platforms
- Maintained close links with the GSA, AIG, DEM, universities, industry and other like-minded
We are very proud of what our committee has achieved over the past few years. Much success has come from the contributions of new committee members, complementing the experience and knowledge of longer-term members with new ideas and perspectives.
We have worked hard to be welcoming, inclusive and flexible, understanding that people lead busy lives and are often travelling interstate and overseas, or working FIFO. This has enabled the Adelaide Branch to be one of the most active branches in the nation.
Election of a new committee for the Adelaide branch will be held at the AGM at the Adelaide Rowing Club on Thursday 24 October (although you do not need to be present at the AGM in order to nominate).
For more information email: email@example.com.
The nomination form is downloadable here.
As per the Adelaide Branch rules, nominators, and endorsers must be AusIMM Adelaide Branch members (Associates, Members or Fellows).
The AusIMM Adelaide Branch Committee