AusIMM announces new Council for Diversity and Inclusion members
The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (AusIMM) has announced the members of its new Council for Diversity and Inclusion, leading the way for a greater representation of all professionals in the resources sector.
The role of the Council is to promote diversity, equality and inclusion in the mining and resources sector, by progressing initiatives to ensure the equality of opportunity for all members of the sector regardless of race, ethnicity, heritage, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or intersex status.
Michaela Healey as the Founding President of International Women’s Forum, will serve as the Council Chair along with a diverse panel of industry representatives including:
- Bob Vassie (Managing Director and CEO, St Barbara)
- Colleen Devine (Head of Talent, Rio Tinto)
- Julie Shuttleworth (Deputy CEO, Fortescue Metals Group)
- Kate Hobbs (COO, Neutrog and Chair, AusIMM Women in Mining Network)
- Phillip Griffiths (President, AusIMM Melbourne Student Chapter)
- Rex Berthelsen (Immediate Past President and Board Member, AusIMM and Group Technical Governance Manager, MMG)
- Stephen Durkin (CEO, AusIMM)
- Xiaoling Liu (Non-Executive Director, South 32, Illuka Resources and Newcrest Mining).
The Council will review and approve the AusIMM Diversity and Inclusion strategy and provide oversight on action items and report on progress.
AusIMM CEO, Stephen Durkin said that the formation of the new council is a show of leadership from the AusIMM.
‘The resources sector should be a welcoming environment for all individuals and we are leading the way to ensuring that equality is afforded to every professional in the industry,’ Mr Durkin said.
The inaugural meeting of the Council for Diversity and Inclusion was held on 26 April 2018.
For more information please contact Melissa Holdsworth (General Manager, Stakeholder Engagement and Partnerships) via [email protected].
Feature image L-R: Melissa Holdsworth, Kate Hobbs, Bob Vassie, Michaela Healey, Phillip Griffiths, Xiaoling Liu, Stephen Durkin, Janenie Mohgan and Rex Berthelsen at the inaugural Council for Diversity and Inclusion meeting in Melbourne on 26 April 2018.