Free Mental Health Workshop available at Iron Ore 2019
Mental Health – Managing Risks, Supporting Employees and Maximising Productivity
Date: 23 July, 2019
Time: 7.30am – 8.30am
Location: Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre
Inclusions: The workshop will include tea, coffee and light refreshments.
Mental distress is significantly more prevalent (up to 2.5 times) in the resources sector than the Australian population. Mental health is such an important issue that it’s imperative that it’s addressed alongside physical health and occupational safety.
This short, informative and practical workshop will address employer’s legal obligations in relation to mental health and how they impact on the management of company risk – on and off sites. It will also provide practical and industry-specific information on creating mentally healthy workplaces to attract, support and retain the right people in the resources sector.
The evidence is clear
- Overview of the research into the mental health of employees in the resources sector.
- Insights into the research – what it tells us.
- The risk factors, the consequences.
Equating mental health with physical health, wellbeing and safety
- WHS and legal obligations.
- Directors and employee obligations – risk management.
- The direct link between physical health and safety and mental health.
Mentally healthy workplaces and employees
- What can employers and the industry do to attract and retain the right people working in the sector.
- Creating and maintaining mentally healthy workplaces -not just compliance.
- Supporting FIFO families and communities.