AusIMM International Representatives
The Board of AusIMM recently endorsed an International Strategy, which encompasses three pillars of work:
- to provide professional development on Australasian codes, standards and best practice;
- to support and engage AusIMM’s international membership; and
- to build stronger connections with key international stakeholders, including government, kindred bodies and industry.
As part of our commitment under Pillar 2 to better support our international membership, we are now seeking applications from interested members to be AusIMM International Representatives in key locations around the world.
Responsibilities for an AusIMM International Representative:
The initial responsibility of an AusIMM International Representative will be to form and Chair a supporting committee to engage with local members. Supporting committee members will be jointly reviewed and approved by the International Representative, AusIMM's Senior Manager Strategy and International and Chair of the AusIMM International Advisory Forum.
Together, the Representative and the Supporting Committee will be expected to:
- Be the main point of contact for AusIMM activities in that country;
- Provide advice on local mining industry updates, regulations, projects and news for inclusion in AusIMM regional overseas e-newsletters and for AusIMM to meet its international strategic objectives;
- Collaborate with the AusIMM Management Team to deliver events and initiatives for local members;
- Represent AusIMM at relevant local functions, events and meetings;
- Be first point of contact for new members in the country; and
- Be the local point of contact for industry partners (if necessary).
- Submit an online application using this link: Applications are now closed
Applicants must be:
- A current financial member of AusIMM; and
- Currently residing in the country where they will be undertaking their responsibilities as an AusIMM International Representative.