New Zealand Branch – Hamilton Discussion Group – Geology & Resources of NZ Coalfields (Monograph 33)
Register to join the New Zealand Branch to hear Alan Sherwood discuss Monograph 33 in Hamilton on Wednesday 24 July.
Date: Wednesday 24 July 2019
Time: 6:00pm for 6:30pm Start
Distinction Hamilton Hotel and Conference Centre
(Conference Room 3)
100 Garnett Avenue
Parking: There is limited parking at the venue. Nearby roadside parking can be found around Garnett Avenue.
Cost: Free to attend
Includes: Finger food and refreshments
RSVP: Please email Dean Fergusson – firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 19th July.
AusIMM published Monograph 33 in June 2019.
The Monograph covers:
- The geological history of coal deposition in New Zealand from Late Cretaceous to Pliocene
- The geology and resources of coal regions and individual coalfields
- A revised coal resource inventory for New Zealand
- A history of the coal industry, including the role of government
- General coal properties and utilisation
- The place of coal in the New Zealand economy
- Mining prospects in the main coalfields
Alan will give a talk on the main messages and conclusions that come out of the monograph.
Rather than giving a descriptive geological talk, Alan will discuss New Zealand’s coal resources and the place of coal in the New Zealand economy.
For more information: New Zealand Branch – Announcing the AusIMM Monograph 33 Roadshow
Hardcopy and digital versions of Monograph 33 are now available for purchase.