New Zealand Branch – Wellington Discussion Group – Geology & Resources of NZ Coalfields (Monograph 33)
Register to join the New Zealand Branch to hear Alan Sherwood discuss Monograph 33 in Wellington on Thursday 25 July.
Date: Thursday 25 July 2019
Time: 5:00pm for 5:30pm Start
93 The Terrace
Cost: Free to attend
Includes: Finger food and refreshments
RSVP: For catering and security purposes, please RSVP to Annette Pocock – email@example.com by Monday 22 July as numbers are limited.
AusIMM published Monograph 33 in June 2019.
The Monograph covers:
- The geological history of coal deposition in New Zealand from Late Cretaceous to Pliocene
- The geology and resources of coal regions and individual coalfields
- A revised coal resource inventory for New Zealand
- A history of the coal industry, including the role of government
- General coal properties and utilisation
- The place of coal in the New Zealand economy
- Mining prospects in the main coalfields
Alan will give a talk on the main messages and conclusions that come out of the monograph.
Rather than giving a descriptive geological talk, Alan will discuss New Zealand’s coal resources and the place of coal in the New Zealand economy.
For more information: New Zealand Branch – Announcing the AusIMM Monograph 33 Roadshow
Hardcopy and digital versions of Monograph 33 are now available for purchase.