Peter Botten – An Exemplary Resources Sector CEO for His Leadership in APAC Emerging Economies
A webinar providing an overview of OilSearch Limited achivements and how they became an examplar for the resources sector in terms of environmental and social governance (ESG) and coporate social responsibility (CSR).
Date: Thursday 22 November 2018
Time: 2.30pm – 3.30pm (AEDT)
Member – $27.50
Non Member – $38.50
Student Member – $16.50
Student Non-Member – $27.50
Presenter: Peter Botten BSc ARSM CBE, Managing Director, OilSearch Limited
This webinar will provide an overview of OilSearch’s achievements and how they became an exemplar for the resources sector, in terms of environmental and social governance (ESG) and corporate social responsibility (CSR).
Peter will speak on the following:
- His long tenure as CEO, based in PNG and how that has helped him build his social capital
- How this social capital and trusting relationships has helped OilSearch be a successful company in PNG
- How OilSearch’s success impacts on the communities around the area where they operate – ESG and social benefits
- The course of events after the 2018 PNG earthquake & how things are going now https://www.afr.com/business/oil-search-ceo-peter-bottens-png-earthquake-trauma-20180326-h0xza8
- Top tips for resources executives operating in the APAC regarding earning and retaining their company’s social license to operate & building corporate trust?
Peter joined Oil Search in 1992, just after oil and gas production started from Papua New Guinea’s Kutubu and Hides fields. He was appointed Managing Director in 1994 and has overseen the growth of Oil Search from a market capitalisation of around A$300 million to more than A$14 billion. It is presently around A$11 billion, impacted by the present low oil price environment. Peter is the longest-serving CEO on the ASX. For two years in a row, he has been included on the Harvard Business Review’s list of the 100 Best-Performing CEOs in the world.