Register Now for the 2019 Women in Mining TAS Mentoring Program
Launching in 2019, this free program offers support to Tasmanian women in the mining and resources industry. Find out the benefits of being a Mentor or a Mentee.
The AusIMM Women in Mining Network of Tasmania (WIMnet TAS) Committee would like to thank those that have already registered their interest for the 2019 Mentoring Program. As this is the program’s inaugural year, the committee has announced that the 2019 program for both mentees and mentors will be free.
Benefits for Mentees include:
- Support from more experienced individuals within the industry
- Individualised professional development advice
- Enhanced networking opportunities
Benefits for Mentors include:
- Develop your role as a leader in the industry
- Consolidate your communication and interpersonal skills
- Strengthen your connections within the broader resources community
Participation in the program can be in person or long distance via technology.
Mentees (Women only):
- Currently working or previously worked in the mining industry
- Willingness to commit to a minimum of seven mentoring sessions during the seven month program
- A strong interest in developing their career in the mining industry
Mentors (Men and Women)
- At least 5 years of working experience (any industry)
- Availability to participate in seven mentoring sessions during the program
For more information contact Jacqueline Rush, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Launch date: The program will begin with a launch event expected to be held on the Thursday, 28th February 2019.
Program schedule: Mid program and close-out networking events will also be held during May 2019 and August 2019 respectively.
Cost: Free for inaugural program
(costs for optional networking events may apply)
Expression of interest close 11th January 2019