Register Now for the WIMnet NSW Mentoring Program 2019
Launching in May, this program offers support to NSW women in the mining and resources industry. Applications are now open!
The AusIMM Women In Mining Network of NSW is proud to announce that mentee applications are officially open for the WIMnet NSW Mentoring Program 2019.
Launch date: Program will begin with a launch event expected to be held on the Friday, 31st May 2019 (Mentee and Mentor attendance is compulsory).
Program schedule: Mid program and close-out networking events will also be held on 6th August 2019 and 25th October 2019, respectively.
Cost: $1,000 (Plus GST)
We are excited to announce that there will be a number of fully-funded scholarship opportunities available!
Registrations close on Friday, 8th March 2019 – there will be no extensions to this deadline.
Benefits for Mentees include:
- Tackle the key issues affecting your career
- Support from more experienced individuals within the industry
- Individualised professional development advice
- Enhanced networking opportunities
Benefits for Mentors include:
- Develop your role as a leader in the industry
- Consolidate your communication and interpersonal skills
- Strengthen your connections within the broader resources community
The Program is aimed at women working in the resources sector from those who have only a couple of years’ experience through to women with twenty or more years. It follows a structured, sustainable mentoring process that includes a comprehensive matching framework conducted by a Registered Psychologist.
Mentees (Women only):
- Currently working or previously worked in the mining industry;
- Willingness to commit to a minimum of 5-7 mentoring sessions during the five month program; and
- A strong interest in developing your career in the mining industry.
Mentors (Men and Women):
- Excellent (>10 years) resources experience;
- Availability to provide professional support, career guidance and industry advice to a female mentee on a 3-4 week basis for the duration of the program (May to October 2019); and
- A fundamental value or desire to see women succeed in the resources sector.
Expressions of interest are still open for influential males and females from the industry to participate as mentors.
For more information contact Ali Burston, firstname.lastname@example.org
Feel free to share this page with colleagues who may be interested in participating in the program, which is open to all women working in the minerals and energy sectors in NSW.
We look forward to welcoming you into the WIMnet NSW Mentoring Program 2019.
A special thank you to our valued 2019 sponsors:
Silver Program Partners – Glencore, MACH Energy, Weir and Whitehaven Coal.
Silver – ANZ, Peabody, Port Waratah Coal Services and Yancoal.
Bronze – McCullough Robertson and Metisphere.