Reminder: Mining Society Webinar | Sensor-Based Particle Sorting – Developments, Technology and Demonstration – TOMRA Mining
The webinar will be on Sensor-based Particle Sorting - Developments, technology and a demonstration by TOMRA Mining
Date: Monday 23rd November 2020
Time: 12.00pm – 1.00pm AEDT
Presenter: Gavin Rech – Technical Manager Sensing and Physics
AusIMM Member – Free
Non Member – $20.00
Please note: Registrants who cannot join the webinar at the scheduled time will receive a link to the recording to watch at a later time convenient to them.
- A PowerPoint type presentation covering:
- What is sensor-based particle sorting?
- The history and development of the technology
- Comparisons to other technologies including screening, bulk/belt sorting…
- What minerals does it work on?
- Mechanical platforms
- Sorter setup and classification
- Then a real demo in the test centre using the full capacity sorter. 1 tonne of material – full video coverage
- Analysis and discussion of sorted fractions including macro video of rocks and minerals n product and waste fractions.
Presenter – Gavin Rech
Education: BSc (Hons.) Physics, University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa.
Current Position: Technical Manager – Sensing ad Physics, Tomra Sorting, Sydney. Design of application specific ore sensing and sorting systems.
Experience: Over 15 years’ experience in sensing and particle sorting in mining. Australian and global experience in the economic evaluation, process design, installation and optimisation of sorters using x-ray, laser, NIR, colour, and EM systems. Multiple sensor and mechanical development projects including, belt and chute platforms, UV, thermal, and radiometric sensors.