Top-flight keynote speakers to headline Perth’s Resources Technology Showcase 2019
AusIMM members are eligible to receive a 20 per cent discount off the conference registration using the code SPEC20
With an unprecedented line-up of top-flight keynote speakers from Australia’s biggest mining, oil and gas companies, Perth’s Resources Technology Showcase 2019 (RTS2019) is a must-attend event for anyone seeking insights into how technology is changing our most important industries.
To be held at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre from November 27-28, delegates will hear directly from chief executives, managing directors and chief technology officers as they share their vision for how advances in robotics, automation and artificial intelligence will shape their companies and the industry.
Hosted by Seven West Media and supported by Austrade and the WA Government, the impressive line-up includes:
- WA Premier Mark McGowan, on positioning Perth as a centre of excellence
- Mike Henry, President Operations, Minerals Australia, BHP, on the miner’s technology future
- Zoe Yujnovich, Country Chair and Executive Vice-President, Shell Australia and Chair of APPEA, on how Shell is harnessing the power of technology
- Elizabeth Gaines, Chief Executive, Fortescue Metals Group, on technological innovation driving growth at the iron ore major
- Shaun Gregory, Executive Vice-President Exploration and Chief Technology Officer, Woodside, on the energy giant’s robotics program and its NASA collaboration
- Fay Cranmer, Chief Information Officer, Rio Tinto, on preparing for the rise of robots and remote operations
- Tim Beresford, Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Austrade, on staying competitive on the world stage
- Jean Savage, Vice-President, Surface Mining and Technology Division, Caterpillar, on global advances of mining equipment technology for the next generation
- Hitoshi Okawa, President, Director Australia, INPEX, on ingenuity driving Ichthys, one of the world’s largest and most complicated LNG projects
- Ivan Vella, Managing Director, Port, Rail & Core Services Iron Ore, Rio Tinto, on leveraging technology in Rio’s iron ore division
- Greg Lilleyman, Chief Operating Officer, Fortescue Metals Group, on the integrated approach to marketing, operations and infrastructure
- Jonathan Price, Chief Transformation Officer, BHP, on the Big Australian’s mines of the future.
Over the two days there will also be expert panel sessions covering: WA’s LNG legacy; scaling artificial intelligence out of the lab and into production; the potential for hydrogen; decarbonising technologies; building a skilled workforce for the future; robotics in the resources industry and remote operations centres.
Moderators include: AusIMM CEO Stephen Durkin; APPEA chief executive Andrew McConville; PwC director of AI Rob McCargow; KPMG energy and natural resources partner James Arnott; WA chief scientist Professor Peter Klinken; WA Chamber of Minerals and Energy chief executive Paul Everingham; and WA School of Mines director Kalgoorlie Sabina Shugg.
RTS2019 will be a critically important forum for anyone with an interest in understanding how the next generation in robotics, augmented reality, autonomous transport and remote operations is reshaping the resources industry.
Delegates will have the opportunity to ask questions of the executives in charge of technological change, take advantage of networking opportunities at functions around the showcase and enjoy unrivalled access to industry leaders and regulators.
RTS2019 will also host a free grand exhibition where some of the biggest names in the resources sector will demonstrate the technology and equipment they are using to transform their operations.
For more information, the full program or to register, go to rtsperth.com.