Victorian AusIMM Women on Boards Scholarship
Research continues to show each year that diverse boards lead to better outcomes for shareholders, consumers, employees and the community. AusIMM wants to help lead and increase this diversity in the resources industry.
In partnership with the Victorian Government, AusIMM are launching a scholarship program to support and profile some of the many capable women that have contributed to the resources industry in Victoria and facilitate their pathway towards board opportunities.
Three successful applicants will go on to complete a program of initiatives that will prepare scholarship winners for board appointments in the industry and more broadly.
- The Australian Institute of Company Directors (AICD) Company Directors Course
- AICD Boardroom Effectiveness for Women's Course
- AICD Membership
- AusIMM Membership
- AusIMM International Women's Day Luncheon 2020 Attendance
- AusIMM Thought Leadership Series 2020 Attendance in Melbourne
- Profiling in the AusIMM Bulletin, AusIMM's regular professional magazine
- Profiling with opportunities to present at AusIMM conferences or events across Australasia.
Facilitated introduction by AusIMM to firms operating in the sector who routinely search for board applicants.
Program dates and obligations
Successful applicants must be able to attend and adhere to the following course dates:
- August 30, 2019: Applications close
- October 4, 2019: Attendance at Boardroom Effectiveness for Women in Melbourne
- October 4-20, 2019: Mandatory pre-reading for Company Director's Course
- October 20-26, 2019: Attendance at Company Director's Course in Melbourne
- End of February 2020: Company Directors Course assessment completion date.
- March 4, 2020: AusIMM International Women's Day Luncheon, Melbourne (optional)
Who should apply?
AusIMM are seeking women who:
- Formally reside or work most of the year in Victoria
- Have 10 or more years in the resources industry
- Work at a senior management level with direct reports
- Women with strong technical experience strongly encouraged to apply
Emphasis will be placed on women who
- Have a proven track record in the mining industry
- Have the strong desire and readiness to move towards Board level participation in the industry
- Seek to display a larger leadership role with a commitment to be an AusIMM role model for increased diversity in the industry
As a new annual scholarship for 3 women each year, this program of training and profiling will help kickstart successful industry women into the next phase of their careers, providing them with the chance to represent the industry and the AusIMM at a decision-making level.
AusIMM is committed to improving diversity in the industry and fostering an inclusive culture. Diverse applicants including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander women, encouraged to apply.
Scholarship winners must complete and pass the AICD Company Director's course or AusIMM may request scholarship funds to be returned.