WA SMIRS Mining Rehabilitation Advisory Panel
The WA Department of Mines, Industry Regulation and Safety (DMIRS) is seeking expressions of interest for the appointment of a new Mining Rehabilitation Advisory Panel for a three year term commencing March 2019.
The Mining Rehabilitation Advisory Panel (the Panel) is established under the Mining Rehabilitation Fund Act 2012. Its function is:
- the identification of land that is suitable to be declared to be an abandoned mine site under section 9 of the Act;
- the scope and prioritisation of proposed projects for rehabilitation work, including:
o the development and review of general criteria for the prioritisation of those projects; and
o the program, scope and priority to carry out rehabilitation projects;
- the appropriate level of expenditure on proposed or existing projects for rehabilitation work;
- matters to be included in reporting relating to the Mining Rehabilitation Fund (MRF);
- the level of the fund contribution rate; and
- the administration of the MRF.
Members should have skills, expertise or experience relating to at least one of the following:
1. The management of mining operations
2. Land rehabilitation practices
3. Environmental matters
4. Financial and legal matters
5. Natural resource planning and management.
Interested persons are encouraged to review the MRF Fact sheet, the MRF Regulations 2013 and the Mining Rehabilitation Fund Act 2012, which outline the roles and responsibilities of the Panel. More information about the Mining Rehabilitation Fund can be found on the department’s website. Please provide a copy of your resume, and a response in no more than two pages, on how you meet one or more of the above criteria.
Applications should be emailed to [email protected] with the subject line “Confidential MRF Panel Application” by no later than 5 pm on 1 February 2019.