WIMnet NSW – Professional Development Series – Online Workshop: Personal Resilience
An increase in the pace of change in the workplace provides both challenge and opportunity.
Date: Wednesday 12th August 2020
Time: 12:00pm – 2:00pm AEST
Workshop: Online via Zoom
Lauren Einfeld, Senior Consultant, Serendis
Julie Thompson, Co-Lead Presenter, Serendis
AusIMM Member – $40.00
Non Member – $50.00
Personal resilience is more than ever a determinant of how we respond and succeed in this environment.
This workshop introduces concepts of neuroplasticity and the use of mindfulness to build and enhance personal resilience and mental toughness. Through the use of simple models, participants reflect on their habitual cognitive patterns and the way that these may drive their decision-making process, behaviours and resilience. Powerful frameworks will be shared to help participants embed their learning into sustainable changes.
This workshop has been designed to bring the concept of resilience into practice utilising real life examples and ensuring the practical application of skills post the workshop.
Interactive 2-hour virtual workshops to include:
- Pre-work – identification of a current scenario where levels of resilience are being challenged
- Brief introduction to the concept of resilience based upon the Mental Toughness construct
- Introduction to Mental Toughness and the importance of the ability to perform in a consistent manner even during times of stress and pressure
- Simple assessment of existing levels of Mental Toughness in the areas of Confidence, Challenge, Control and Commitment
- An exercise to identify where participants will need to consciously focus their own effort
- Techniques for reframing negative and unproductive emotions, assumptions and beliefs
- Identify personal assumptions and beliefs that impact on levels of resilience (applying iceberg model)
- Neuroplasticity – how the brain can change to support growth in resilience
- Reframing of mental messages and thinking errors using “Self-directed neuroplasticity” to help build Resilience
- Developing a growth mindset
- Identification of resources and resilience building ‘nudges’ to increase sustained levels of resilience through positive habits
- ‘Cheat sheet’ to create practical ways to focus on growth mindset, reframing negative emotions and beliefs and reframing to enhance resilient and confident beliefs
- Creation of a Personal Resilience Action Plan incorporating practical strategies for implementation post workshop
- Working with participants to define and commit to 3 new behaviours/thinking styles that will enhance resilience
- Peer coaching to support the development of each other’s action plan
Workshop Delivery and Size
The workshop will be designed for a virtual delivery mode through Zoom.
Lauren Einfeld, Senior Consultant
Lauren joined Serendis in 2016 and brings with her over 12 years’ experience working in professional services organisations as a Human Resources generalist (Clayton Utz, Allens). During this time, Lauren was recognised for the strength of her relationships with a broad range of clients, her astute understanding of their business and ability to develop effective people strategies. Lauren also spent some of this time as a Flexibility Manager, focusing on diversity and inclusion strategies and initiatives. Lauren has an organisational coaching certification with the Institute of Coaching and Consulting Psychology.
Lauren is passionate about developing strong relationships with people and understanding what motivates them. Her deep experience of supporting people throughout their career and her appreciation of organisational challenges will ensure that we are able to continue to deliver exceptional outcomes to each of our clients.
Lauren leads and facilitates a number of our in-house and cross-industry mentoring programs and supports the design and management of some of our leadership development programs. Lauren loves to hear the stories of how our programs/coaching impact positively on an individual’s career.
Lauren holds a Bachelor’s degree in Commerce with a major in Human Resources and International Business.
Julie Thompson, Co-Lead Presenter
Julie joined Serendis in 2018, following a 20 year career in Human Resources roles within a number of Financial Services organisations including Barclays Bank, ABN AMRO, Royal Bank of Scotland and Commonwealth Bank of Australia. Julie has extensive international experience in a range of HR roles including Business Partnering, Learning and Development and most recently was interim General Manager of Leadership at CBA. Julie has exceptional relationship building skills and a keen interest in individual and organisational behaviour and all things positive psychology related, especially building resilience and wellbeing.
Julie leads the Career Returners Program as well as working across a range of other Serendis programs in a design, delivery and program management capacity.
Julie holds a Masters degree in Organisational Coaching from University of Sydney and is accredited in a number of personality and psychometric tools including Myers Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI), Team Management Systems (TMS), Hay Group Leadership Style & Climate inventory and MTQ48 (Mental Toughness tool). Julie is also currently studying for a qualification in Positive Psychology through the University of Pennsylvania.