Women in Mining NSW 2020 Mentoring Program
The Women in Mining Network of NSW is pleased to announce that the successful mentoring program continues in 2020. Find out the benefits of being a Sponsor, Mentor or a Mentee!
Mentee Applications open on Monday, 13th January and close on Friday, 28th February 2020. (There will be no extensions to this deadline).
Launch date: Program will begin with a launch event in Sydney on the Friday, 29th May 2020 (Mentee and Mentor attendance is compulsory).
Program schedule: Mid program and close-out networking events will also be held on 4th August 2020 and 23rd October 2020, respectively.
Cost: $1,000 (Plus GST)
We are excited to announce that there will be a number of fully-funded scholarship opportunities available!
Benefits for Mentees include:
- Tackle the key issues affecting your career
- Support from more experienced individuals within the industry
- Individualised professional development advice
- Enhanced networking opportunities
Benefits for Mentors include:
- Develop your role as a leader in the industry
- Consolidate your communication and interpersonal skills
- Strengthen your connections within the broader resources community
The Program is aimed at women working in the resources sector from those who have only a couple of years' experience through to women with twenty or more years. It follows a structured, sustainable mentoring process that includes a comprehensive matching framework conducted by a Registered Psychologist.
Mentees (Women only):
- Currently working or previously worked in the mining industry;
- Willingness to commit to a minimum of 5-7 mentoring sessions during the five-month program; and
- A strong interest in developing your career in the mining industry.
Mentors (Men and Women):
- Excellent (>10 years) resources experience;
- Availability to provide professional support, career guidance and industry advice to a female mentee on a 3-4 weekly basis for the duration of the program (May to October 2020); and
- A fundamental value or desire to see women succeed in the resources sector.
View the information webinar here: https://player.vimeo.com/video/246196400?app_id=122963
View the full mentoring program information package here.
Expressions of interest are now sought from influential males and females from the industry to participate as mentors.
For more information contact Ali Burston, firstname.lastname@example.org
A special thank you to our valued 2020 sponsors already onboard for the program:
Gold – Thiess
Silver Program Partners – Glencore, MACH Energy, Weir Minerals and Whitehaven Coal.
Silver – ANZ, Evolution Mining and Yancoal.
Bronze – AMEC, EY, Hetherington Exploration & Mining Title Services, Idemitsu, McCullough Robertson and Metisphere.
Please feel free to forward this page to colleagues who may be interested in participating in the program which is open to all women working in the minerals and energy sectors in NSW.
The WIMnet NSW Committee looks forward to welcoming you into the 2020 WIMnet NSW Mentoring Program.
Co-Chair – WIMnet NSW