Women in Resources Awards call for nominations – Victoria and Tasmania
Nominations are now open for Women in Resources Awards in both Victoria and Tasmania
Now in their third year, the Victorian Women in Resources Awards are held in partnership between MCA Victoria and the AusIMM Women in Mining and Resources Network Victoria (WIMnet Victoria).
By profiling women who are contributing to the success of the resources sector as well as championing diversity, the awards program assists in creating a more inclusive environment for women within the industry through the recognition of excellence.
The 2019 Awards feature five categories, including:
- Exceptional Woman in Victorian Resources
- Exceptional Young Woman in Victorian Resources
- Gender Diversity Champion in Victorian Resources
- Outstanding Victorian Trade, Operator or Technician
- Excellence in Diversity Programs and Performance Award.
More information is available at https://minerals.org.au/events/victorian-women-resources-awards-2019
The Tasmanian Women in Resources Awards is proudly presented by WIMnet Tasmania AusIMM and the Tasmanian Minerals and Energy Council (TMEC) to showcase and encourage the outstanding contributions women make to the mining, minerals processing, manufacturing, engineering and other resource-related industries across the state.
Seven award categories are open for nominations between 1 March and 31 March 2019:
- Exceptional Young Woman
- Outstanding Tradeswoman, Operator or Technician
- Exceptional Woman in Engineering and Professional Services
- Exceptional Woman in Manufacturing
- Exceptional Woman in a Non-Executive Role
- Gender Diversity Champion
- Excellence in Diversity Programs and Performance
More information is available at https://wirta2019.awardsplatform.com/