Active filters :
Discard Filter
Library

Didipio Flash Flotation and Gravity Recovery Circuit

$22.00

Want a discount? Become a member!

Author H Cardenas, M McGrory, G Webb, J Paredes, R Setiagani, K A Villaspir, L E Manguba and A Rodolfo
ID P201608014

Description

OceanaGold’s Didipio operation has been in operation for three years. Integral to the flow sheet design is a flash flotation circuit treating a portion of cyclone underflow, consisting of an Outotec SK-500 flash rougher and an Outotec TC10 flash cleaner and a SB-2500 falcon treating flash rougher concentrate to recover fine free gold.

Flash copper recovery has been holding steady at 60 per cent, while flash gold recovery at 50 per cent. Gold recovery from the gravity circuit is 22 per cent, bringing the overall flash plus gravity gold recovery to 72 per cent.

Operation of the flash rougher is mainly by pulp level control. Control of copper grade in the flash cleaner is mainly controlled by air inflow and flash cleaner pulp level control drives copper recovery. Gold recovery around the circuit is mainly driven by gold head grade.

SB-2500 concentrate is scalped with a 250 micron screen with the coarse fraction reporting to a SB-250 falcon, concentrate of which combines with the screen fine fraction to a Gemini table.

Citation:

Cardenas, H, McGrory, M, Webb, G, Paredes, J, Setiagani, R, Villaspir, K A, Manguba, L E and Rodolfo, A, 2016. Didipio Flash Flotation and Gravity Recovery Circuit, in Proceedings 13th AusIMM Mill Operators’ Conference 2016, pp 123–126 (The Australasian Institute of Mining and Metallurgy: Melbourne).