The aim of this seminar was to make the presentations as practical as possible and therefore the seminar program was built around case studies provided by mining and exploration groups actively working in the Central Western NSW area. The seminar was broken into two sessions each with a specific theme: 1. The transition from project to mining – the evolving resource estimate; and 2. Using domains to constrain resource estimates – pitfalls and windfalls. Group discussions followed the presentations of case studies in both sessions and these discussions are reproduced in the volume. Contents include:
- Evolution of Resource and Reserve Estimation Methods at Pasminco Broken Hill Mine Southern Underground Operations;
- Why feasibility Resource Estimates Under-valued the Peak Orebody;
- Tritton Copper Project Resource Estimation – The Inter-relationship of Geology Structure and Kriging;
- Ore Reserve/Resource Estimation Methodologies at Elura Mine;
- Cadia Hill – From Discovery to a Mine – A Case Study;
- Resource Estimation at Northparkes Mines NSW; Grade Domains Versus Geological Domains at the Browns Creek Gold Mine NSW;
- How Geological Envelopes Impact on the Resource Estimate – A Case Study of Advanced Projects in the Cobar Gold Field; and Busangs Red Flags and the Canadian Response.